About Me

My photo
This is my journal of experiences, thoughts, ideas, and experiments; it is erratic, sometimes fruitless, sometimes profound (at least for me). I don't advertise it, but I don't mind the occasional cyber-wanderer taking a gander at it. I tend to meander when I write, to jump to new topics without transition, and some things I say are tied to things I've talked about before, so feel free to hop around and just read what pops out at you.

conceptualizing existence as an art.

Posted: Friday, December 19, 2014 by Sir Lancealot in
0

 E prime

Conjugations of the verb "to be" limits of the
What is beautiful depends on the person

Objectivity is elusive, illusory. I have a friend who informs me that there may not even be an objectivity, (at least from a social science POV, not one that we can access)--the most we can hope for is a universal subjectivity.  It seems that a final result of my search for truth, universal good, a right way of living--is to find what is effective, and what causes the least harm.  To create without destroying, to end without oppressing, is truly a process of beauty, the highest standard of art, for me.

This speaks nothing of those moments when destruction is our goal, of course.  When we seek to immolate, to explode something that is no longer useful to us or the purpose of which is to go through a process whos end result is intended to be residue, waiting to be reformed into new objects or subjects. 

If an object is a 3d form, then an event is a 4d form.  Imagine the earth being toroid.

0 comments: