About Me

My photo
This is my journal of experiences, thoughts, ideas, and experiments; it is erratic, sometimes fruitless, sometimes profound (at least for me). I don't advertise it, but I don't mind the occasional cyber-wanderer taking a gander at it. I tend to meander when I write, to jump to new topics without transition, and some things I say are tied to things I've talked about before, so feel free to hop around and just read what pops out at you.

Generalizations

Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2009 by Sir Lancealot in
0

So let's go over this topic of racism.  Prejudism.  Stereotyping.  A stereotype, a generalization, is founded in a fundamental human behavior pattern.  We gather a few details and relate them to our past.  We misinterpret. Fucking realize that people are people, and that should be the first 


You would be a better person if you just keep in mind that underneath these layers... we still have hard-wired survival instincts that take over in social situations and survival situations alike--fight or flight, take or quake. We are civilized, evolved, free-thinking and self-aware sentient beings on the surface, but underneath we're dogs, pigs, hawks, predators and prey, cohabitant, parasitic, etc. Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Societal constraints:  Ohh, look, they're all so optimistic and cheerful and think they're free.  I remember those days."

0 comments: