About Me

My photo
This is my journal of experiences, thoughts, ideas, and experiments; it is erratic, sometimes fruitless, sometimes profound (at least for me). I don't advertise it, but I don't mind the occasional cyber-wanderer taking a gander at it. I tend to meander when I write, to jump to new topics without transition, and some things I say are tied to things I've talked about before, so feel free to hop around and just read what pops out at you.
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 by Sir Lancealot in
0

This weekend's escapades:


Friday was Nicole's birthday, i came home from Greenpeace and crashed because i had stayed up the entire night before and was afraid i would become incoherent, not good when you're responsible for representing that beautiful organization to people around the country.  I slept 6-9.  I had sold some alcohol to Chelsea and co., and wanted to tap some of the alcohol for pre-game.  I was on the train on my way and called Nicole, she said they had a hotel room.  So I ditched the crowd and slipped over to the Hotel Americania (sketch ass neighborhood, but it compensated with some sweet art deco and impeccable hygiene.
We pregamed a little more. PROBLEM! haha they had champagne and vodka, no chasers.  Haha what a fantastic problem to have, no?  No.  Warm cheap vodka not good.  Call me a pussy, call me civilized.  That was not cool.  
Anyway, we went to the club, i had a crappy time, didn't buy many drinks luckily, didn't really dance, managed to stay cognizant, was walking back, skipped the cab and the car, we wanted to walk back to market to get on the muni.  I thought the two girls with me were going back to the hotel room.  I forgot that Porsha had asked if I was going back to campus, I said "at some point".  I'm not a mysogynist as far as I know, I love women, but godfuckingdammit how stupid can these beezies be?! I have two goals: get chasers and get back to the hotel room as soon as possible so they don't get bored and go to sleep.  
I get them to the bus stop.  They're looking for the 91.  I tell them three fucking times the route.  Take the N to nineteenth.  Get off and get on the 91.  Simple as that.  "What? Huh? No we need the 91..."  I leave and run (literally) to find a liquor store. Porsha gives me stern glares every time i see her now.
I end up in the sketch area, after alcohol-buying time, i buy various liquids.  Have a conversation with a black guy about my Kansas ID.  I get back to the hotel room.  They don't let me in forever, these girls work like this: they know what they want, and that's all that matters.  I know if i pressure the right way i'll get what i want.  I'm sitting at the ground floor, waiting to get up there, when I realize that's what's up, they aren't planning to come down.  They've told me several times they're on their way.  I called and said just let me freaking in so i can take a couple drinks and leave.  They do, I leave with this other dude not staying the night; there's already a girl on the floor and a spare space on the rollaway that looks enticing, but i don't know the girl well enough.  So I leave with this other guy, i've shared my red bull with him and he shares his spliff with me.  I'm so fucked up by now that i can't even speak clearly.  This is not good because after he drops me off, I run into multiple girls in a row who are hanging on my every word.  Words, words that can't even stay together long enough to form a sentence as they fall out of my mouth.   My only defense was to apologize profusely that I was super crossfaded.

Then I ran into Porsha.  Kinda funny that after these girls decide to ditch (of all the girls there, her friend was the one i was most down to do something with, particularly after the girlicious dancing)* i still managed to get back before them, and with less effort.  Moral of the story: Stick with me and you'll go far.... or die.  I also lost my phone this night or the next, i don't recall.

Next night i go to allison's party.  beer pong, i have the bad luck to end up at a party where all the girls have boyfriends, and the boyfriends are there.  Still fun.  i made up a new deadly concoction tonight: Mountain Dew Voltage, Collins Mix, and Vanilla Vodka.  not so good warm, but on the rocks, it tastes like cotton candy.  This shit'll sneak up on you.  After leaving Allison's, i remember running into Nicole/Maren/Jamie and some yelling ensued, but i don't recall how well i fared in the debate.  Next thing I know, I woke up in Jesse's bed at 9am with a four pack of red bull.

  *DAMn i just realized the sweet luck of dancing with three really hot-and-bothersome dancers in the past two days.  Tish/Trish/Tess/whatever her name was, heidi the stick that managed to simulate curviness with her moves, and that girl under the bridge today.

So today was the culmination of the weekend.  Bay to Breakers, i forced myself to stay awake instead of passing out back at my room after waking up in that room.  I still managed to dilly-dally till 11, walked to Lucky's, picked up Jesse's bike where i left it the night before, rode to golden gate park.  There couldn't have been a more beautiful day for B2B.  I forgot the fundamental shaping force of Bay to Breakers: the people stream through the city all day, drinking and dancing and interacting in their costumes.  I was anticipating a party in one place.  The sheer number of people would not have made that possible.  This city knows how to fucking party.

Quick recap of the day: i wore a cape, rode a bike up through the stream of people, danced under a bridge, jumped on a float, convinced some guy to pull it with his teeth, got belligerent, ran into a friend, went to the beach, drank in front of the cops. Hooray!

0 comments: